Main Purpose of Job
The Finance Manager is responsible for managing and providing leadership to the finance department, ensuring that all financial systems and reporting, internal controls, budgeting, analysis and customer service (underwriting) are conducted and delivered in an accurate and timely manner.
Main Responsibilities / Job Summary
- Accounting Systems: Evaluate, utilize, and improve accounting system to enhance functionality of financial management and reporting;
- General Accounting, Policies & Procedures: Review and implement accounting policies and procedures to ensure stronger internal controls;
- Financial Reporting & Controls: Provide accurate financial reports and forecasts and/or projections where appropriate and alert executive management to potential problems;
- Cashflow Management: Supervise cashflow management activities – monitor and control the flow of cash receipts and disbursements to meet the business and investment needs of the company.
- Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting: Provide leadership in developing annual budget and plans.
- Liaison With External Auditors: Prepare audit schedule and liaise with external auditors for periodic audit;
- Workflows: Review and implement workflows for accounts and customer service (underwriting);
- Financial Records: Ensure that all financial records, receipts, payables and cash flows are accurate, up-to-date and processed efficiently, effectively and in a timely manner;
- Liaison and Building Relationship: Establish rapport and communication with banks and other key stakeholders;
- Compliance with Regulatory Requirements: Prepare and submit returns to Insurance Regulatory Authority (IRA) and Association of Kenya Insurers (AKI);
- Staff Management, Supervision & Leadership: Provide supervision, guidance and direction to the finance staff according to the policies, procedures, processes and systems in place.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
Technical / Functional
- Ability to work as a part of a multi-functional team.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge and understanding of financial contemporary financial principles and practices
- ERP/financial management system
- Ability to handle multiple activities successfully;
- Detail oriented;
- Strong analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting or equivalent;
- CPA (K) or equivalent;
- At least seven (7) years experience in a busy commercial environment, three (3) of which is should be at senior management level.
- Experience in a busy insurance firm is an added advantage.
- Audit experience will be an added advantage.
All the applications to be sent to email@example.com, indicating the position in the subject of the email.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org