Our client is looking for a professional, highly driven and results oriented individual to competitively fill the position of Assistant Manager, Human Resource and Administration. Reporting to the Manager Human Resource and Administration, the ideal candidate will be responsible for coordinating the sourcing, development and retention of a skilled and motivated employee base to drive the business in achieving its objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Interpreting and implementing human resource policies, procedures, rules and regulations;
- Providing guidance in matters related to human resource planning, recruitment, selection, discipline, placement, induction, appointments, promotions and confirmation of staff;
- Coordinating performance management and staff welfare in the Corporation;
- Overseeing maintenance of staff records and statistics;
- Determining HR requirements and career planning;
- Identifying training needs among the staff and recommending suitable training programmes;
- Overseeing payroll administration, staff insurance and salary advances;
- Advising on Succession Management and Human Resource Planning
- Initiating preparation of Divisions Work Plan;
- Handling employee relations, disciplinary cases and industrial disputes;
- Coaching, mentoring and developing the Human Resource team and;
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or equivalent qualifications from a recognised institution;
- A Diploma in Human Resource Management or CPS Part III or equivalent qualifications from a recognised institution
- At least 8 years’ experience with at least three (3) years at management level;
- A high degree of integrity, responsibility and confidentiality;
- Demonstrated management skills, conversant with labour laws and regulations;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Problem solving skills; and
- Computer competency.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity, and are thus required to submit clearance certificates from the following institutions together with the job application:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics & Anti – Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Evidence of on-going clearance is admissible subject to satisfactory results (presentation of a clearance certificate from the above institutions) before the selection process.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us not later than 17.00 hours on Friday 25th May 2018. Ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field. Indicate your current and expected salary.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer.