Our client provides exceptional products and services for their customers’ homes and their lifestyles in the form of: beautiful kitchen and bath products; innovative engines and generators; and memorable hospitality offerings and developing clean water, sanitation, and community development solutions.
On behalf of our client, we seek to recruit a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – EAST AFRICA whose role will be to maintain a close relationship with key clients: architectural, design firms in East Africa; and to coordinate marketing and sales efforts in the assigned area to grow specification pipeline with key projects in the EA region.
- Establish and maintain regular contact with key clients: architectural design firms to introduce new products, assist in selecting products, writing specification proposals within assigned area.
- Research and prospect key clients in advance of and securing high level meetings with the target group which will include market mapping, project mapping and competition mapping.
- Displace competitors’ product and make the company brand the primary choice of these key clients and hotel flags.
- Build personal relationships and build trust with key clients – architects & designers.
- Participate and engage in activities for key clients to build long term relationship with the community.
RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS
- Work closely with key clients: Designers & Architects
- Collaborate with Marketing & Product Team and utilize tools available.
- Work with Technical team to effectively answer customer concerns and queries.
- Work closely with Supply Chain – forecasting specifications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5 years’ experience in a similar position that is mainly Business to Business specification to architects and designers in East Africa.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, conversant in working cross-culturally
- Self-driven, self-disciplined, and goal-oriented
- Possess good aesthetic and understanding of design trends in interior/architectural and be able to speak in the language of international caliber designers.
- Willing to travel
The following will be an added advantage:
- Qualification in Interior design, Architecture or similar design field.
- Experience reading construction plans and technical on-site documents
- Previous experience related to Architect & Designers in Sub Sahara Africa.
Qualified and interested applicants to send their application and detailed CV, and supporting documents, indicating current and expected remuneration to email@example.com, explicitly indicating the position in the email subject line, by Friday 08th March 2019
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.