Our client seeks an experienced CATO Ramp Labourer who will be an active member of one of the Shift Ramp Teams as allocated by the Shift Coordinator throughout his shift pattern. As part of a Traffic Team, he will be expected to ‘drag’ loads, prepare and restrain cargo, and load and unload all types of transport aircraft, tasked to CATO, as instructed by his immediate Supervisor.
Reporting to the CATO Ramp Supervisor/CATO Ramp Crew Lead, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with the safe, expedient, and professional turn- round of all allocated transport aircraft
- Remain aware of all classes of UN Dangerous Air Cargo (DAC) that may form part of an aircraft load
- Operate all types of Air Cargo Handling Equipment (ACHE) and Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) within close proximity of aircraft
- Maintain a sound understanding of marshalling signals and act only on the instructions of a Ramp Supervisor
- Manually handle both passenger baggage and cargo when building or breaking down aircraft pallets and when ACHE and MHE are not suitable for the task
- Carry out daily preventative maintenance of all AFE ACHE and MHE, in accordance with the vehicle DI’s sheet
- Maintain a safe, clean and Foreign Object Damage (FOD) free working environment
- Ensure crew-rooms are kept in a clean, tidy, and healthy condition
- Adhere to and promote Health and Safety rules and regulations in the workplace
- Assist in the CATO Cargo Operation, when required, and
- Perform any other duties as directed by AFE CATO Ramp Supervisor.
- Split Loader (FMC / Main Base Transfer Loader)
- K Loader (Military Pattern Transfer Loader)
- Forklift Counterbalance up to 12,000kgs capacity
- Forklift Telescopic
- Four by Four truck
- Tractor tug
- Aircraft Air Stairs Self propelled
- Baggage Conveyor Belt Self Propelled
Qualifications and Experience:
- Six months experience within an airport or similar environment.
- Knowledge of commodities in order to recognize materials requiring special handling (e.g. Hazardous materials, etc.) And refer them to the appropriate section for action.
- Able to work in a multi-cultural team.
- Knowledge of the CATO Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), methods and techniques of transport aircraft handling.
- Understand and follow organizational direction though the chain of command.
- Knowledge to operate and perform operator level maintenance on a variety of MHE.
- Knowledge and skills to operate weigh scales.
- Knowledge of safe lifting and carrying techniques.
- In addition to knowledge of relative safety, knowledge of the correct use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), security and good housekeeping practices and procedures are essential
- Be familiar with NATO, ICAO and ISO terminology;
- Experience of working on operations in austere remote sites or in developing nations.
Qualified and interested applicants to send the following to email@example.com, explicitly indicating the position on the email subject line:
- Updated CV in Word Version;
- Driving licence;
- Scanned Travelling passport;
- Jpeg passport photo;
- All education and professional certifications and licences; and
- Recommendation letters from the employers.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.