OVERALL JOB PURPOSE:
To provide overall leadership of the business as well as implementing the Company’s growth strategy. The General Manager will develop and implement the Company strategy as well as operational priorities of the organisation . This role will be accountable to the Board of Directors and will oversee all the activities of the company supported by appointed Functional Heads. The GM will be responsible for the Company’s Brand positioning in the Industry by as part of the Company’s strategic plan.
Leadership and Management(40%)
- Provide thought leadership and build organization capabilities
- Drive high organizational productivity that delivers business profitability as per set KPIs
- Provide strategic business direction to the Functional Heads and their teams
- Develop a group of well-rounded, capable Functional Heads and oversee effective people programs that will build capabilities that promote a great organizational culture
- Maintain continuous engagement with Functional Heads to ensure that strategic priorities are clear and activities are aligned to the key performance goals
- Lead the business in driving a high performance that enhances the Company’s image
- Maintain a positive and ethical work climate that attracts and retains a diverse and highly engaged workforce
- Lead the business to deliver the Brand promise/ Customer Value proposition
- Align all business operations to strategy and act as a sounding board for all Functional Heads
- Ensure an optimal Organizational structure that will deliver the company strategy and that encourages communication
Business Development& Relationship management (35 %)
- Deliver on agreed Company KPIs
- Drive a service culture that ensures world class customer experience
- Company’s achievement and maintenance of a satisfactory competitive position within the industry
- Advise the board on strategic business development initiatives, key corporate planning events for effective business decisions
- Keep the board informed about business activities, potential threats, opportunities and recommended actions
- Contribute to the positive achievement of the targeted image and brand name for UPB
- Represent Monwalk’s Brand competitively and protect the Company’s reputation in the market.
- Serve as the chief spokesperson for Monwalk
- Develop a strong network of clients, relationships with Suppliers, Government Agencies, Financial institutions etc.
- Drive development and launch of new products.
- Promote market research and development
- Provide market intelligence to ensure continuous alignment of the Company strategic direction to clients/market needs
Financial Controls& Business Operations (25%)
- Achieve the Company’s financial and operating objectives
- Run the annual planning/budgeting process
- Maintain responsibility for the integrity of the financial reporting process
- Develop annual business plans, capital and operating plans and budgets that support the long-term strategy
- Ensure the establishment and implementation of disclosure controls and for finance reporting, appropriate to ensure the integrity of the Company’s financial reporting and public disclosures
- Ensure effective internal controls are in place for all applicable compliance and regulatory laws/rules of financial & tax reporting.
- Ensure Implementation of policies and procedures that promote compliance with all laws, regulations and relevant corporate governance standards.
- Foster a culture that promotes ethical practices, encourages individual integrity, and complies with regulatory, statutory and all legal requirements
- Maintain responsibility for the integrity of the legal and compliance reporting processes, as required
- Oversee and recommend to the higher authority for approval, all systems designs, including their development and implementation in all areas under his control
- Develop and establish standards of practice within the organization and contribute in the development and implementation of short and long term plans of the Company
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Management of large and complex operations
- Manage financial transactions
- Professional maturity and ability to operate in a fast paced, competitive work environment
- Ability to analyze and articulate a situation and analyze complex details quickly
- Adapt easily to changing situations and exercises subtly in dealing with delicate situations
- Exhibit the highest levels of integrity and professionalism
- Proven people management and relationship skills
- High energy and perseverance with tenacity
- Problem solving
- Strong networking/interpersonal capabilities
- Strong negotiate and influencing skills
Minimum Qualifications /Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in Food Science Technology, Industrial, Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics or Mechatronics Engineering.
- Masters’ Degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum 6 years Senior Management experience in Food, Alcoholic &Beverage Industry with a good stint in manufacturing
- Must demonstrate Strong Business Acumen & Commercial Awareness
- A Strong Leader with Entrepreneurship skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified applicants to submit their application including an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.