Our client, based in Uganda, is seeking to recruit Head Barista for their Kenyan branch. The core role of the head barista will be to produce and deliver drinks that meet with the company requirements and ensure that the service they provide meets with service standards expected. The head barista will direct, control and plan the activities of the bar. The duties and responsibilities of the head barista in scheduling strong employees revolve around planning, supervising and allocating the day-to-day operational activities of the bar.
Work scheduling also involves empowering employees through delegation of duties and training to better their experience. Empowerment is a significant element that contributes towards nurturing strong employees.
The head barista is also charged with the responsibility of ensuring that the bar is perfectly cleaned on a daily basis. This is because cleanliness is the epitome of our business.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Be fully knowledgeable and be able to prepare and present all hot and cold beverage items.
- Schedule employees shifts, supervise and allocate the day-to-day operational activities of the bar.
- Keep the bar and storage area’s clean to meet with company standards
- Have a good working relationship with colleagues in all departments, maintaining high levels of communication, team work and respect at all times.
- Have good knowledge of drink ingredients and be able to explain them to a guest with confidence
- Ensure that a friendly, efficient, courteous and consistently high service is provided at all times.
- Understand his/her responsibility in relation to Health and Safety, Food Safety and Fire Safety (both statutory and Company).
- Carry out jobs as dictated by the management team.
- Certificate of education.
- Basic Barista Course Certificate.
- Good experience.
- Training skills, Good communication skills especially in giving feedback, Hands on approach to work, knowledgeable, clean and highly organized, customer service.
If interested and you meet the above specifications, kindly send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by latest 30th May 2018 indicating the job title on the email subject.