Our client is looking for a HEAD CHEF. Reporting to the Restaurant Contracts/ Manager, s/he will be incharge of the day to day supervision of the work force based in Nairobi. The head chef will be in charge of the following:
Role and Responsibilities:
- Oversee Menu’s/Function planning, Stock Management, Food Supply, Food Ordering and Functions Costing.
- Use PPE in prescribed manner; ensuring all other kitchen staff do the same and are dressed accordingly in company dress regulations.
- Observe business communication ethics; monitor staff and maintain high standards.
- Work clean and tidy conforming to ISO 22000 ensuring the kitchen stays clean and disinfected at all times; Ensure all staff follow correct procedures.
- Place equipment repair orders in timely manner; Check serviceability of all catering equipment at end of week/month and report any faults, if identified to the client.
- Immediately inform Camp Administrator of any deficiencies, malfunctions, accidents, incidents and other abnormal events.
- Ensure all staff carry out cleaning tasks and duties safely and correctly; monitor and train staff as required reporting any incidents to the Restaurant Contracts/ Manager if there are issues you cannot fixed.
- Carry out Food Safety form’s and checks on a daily/monthly basis
- Implement stringent company HSE Policy.
- Must maintain safety rules and have the capabilities to work at speed.
- Attend regular meetings with customers and client staff on Catering issues.
- City And Guilds 706/1 or NVQ Level 2 Professional cookery or similar
- CIEH Food Hygiene Certificate Level 2
- 5 years or more years’ experience in the role
- Supervised Catering Establishments
- Supervised a National Work Force
- Must be capable of safe working practices and working at speed
- Good command of the English language
- Must have a basic knowledge of British Culinary Cooking: Experience in western dishes delivering high end/high quality food preparation and delivery with experience of working at high end establishments, preferably embassies
If interested and you meet the above specifications, kindly send your application to email@example.com by latest 30th June 2018 stating your current and expected salary. Indicate the job title on the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.