Our client is a corporate body established under the Competition Act No. 12 of 2010 (the Act). The client’s mandate is to enforce the Act with the objective of enhancing the welfare of the people of Kenya by promoting and protecting effective competition in markets and preventing misleading market conduct throughout Kenya.
On behalf of the client, we seek to recruit a highly experienced, highly competent, motivated and self-driven individual with excellent credentials and a strategic mind to competitively fill the position below:
MANAGER, MERGER AND ACQUISITIONS
S/he will be responsible for the following:
1. Merger Analysis:
- Review merger analysis and investigation reports and make recommendations to the Director, Competition and Consumer Protection;
- Oversee investigation of all mergers that may have been consummated without approvals and make recommendations to the Director, Competition and Consumer Protection;
- Oversee the identification and analysis of unwarranted concentrations of economic power and review reports thereof and make recommendations to the Director; Competition and Consumer Protection;
- Oversee the development of merger guidelines and make recommendations for approval;
- Maintain the customer compliments, complaints and enquiries register.
2. Policy Development and Stakeholders Management:
- Liaise with the Research Policy and Advocacy Division in carrying out economic analysis of mergers and conduct specific market inquiries;
- Liaise with the Legal department in development of the Authority’s legal frameworks on mergers and acquisitions;
- Liaise with the Legal department to develop relevant regulations and escalate them as appropriate
- Develop and oversee implementation of policies and procedures to enable the Department function effectively.
- Liaise with sector regulators regarding merger analysis.
3. Department Management:
- Develop work plans and budgets for the M & A Department for approval
- Oversee the execution of the approved departmental work plans and budgets
- Oversee performance management in the department
- Prepare and submit all monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the department
- Prepare draft board management papers for approval
- Identify training needs for the departmental staff
- Spearhead the recruitment of staff within the department
- Participate in the development and review of the CAK strategic plan
- Support the induction of interns and oversee the Young Professionals Programs
- Identify procurement needs of the department
- Follow up on the implementation of agreed audit recommendations
- Spearhead risk assessment of the department
- Mentor and coach departmental staff
- Oversee the development, documentation and implementation of procedures and processes in compliance with ISO 9001:2015
- Participate in various committees in the Authority
Education and Knowledge:
- Masters degree in Economics/Business/Law;
- Bachelors degree in Economics/Business/Law or a business related field;
- Specialist knowledge in competition policy/law; and
- Proficiency in ICT
- At least 10 years’ experience in competition policy/law gained from reputable organizations, with at least three (3) years in a management position;
- Diverse experience in mergers analysis and investigation; and
- Experience in managing and leading diverse teams of professionals
Skills and Competences:
- Decision making skills;
- Ability to interpret long term plans, programs and budgets developed senior management level;
- Interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Project management skills;
- Ability to develop plans, programs, SOPS, and coordination of workflows
- Creativity; and
- Strategic management Skill
How to Apply:
Applicants should download, fill and submit the employment application form below:
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity, and are thus required to submit clearance certificates from the following institutions together with the job application:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics & Anti – Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Evidence of on-going clearance is admissible subject to satisfactory results (presentation of a clearance certificate from the above institutions) before the selection process.
Applicants should either email to firstname.lastname@example.org, explicitly indicating the position in the email subject line.
Send their application and detailed CV with copies of certificates, indicating current position, qualifications, working experience, current remuneration, names of at least three (3) professional referees, and daytime telephone number to:-
Africa Management Solutions Limited
Vision Plaza 3rd Floor, Unit 12A, Mombasa Road
P.O. Box 10639 – 00100 NAIROBI
Applications should reach us not later than 17.00 hours on Monday 4th June 2018.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer therefore women, persons with disabilities, the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.