Our client is looking for professional, highly driven and results oriented individuals to competitively fill the following position of Senior Legal Officer.
Reporting to the Company Secretary/ Manager Legal Services, the ideal candidate will assist in managing the legal function of the organisation in enhancing governance, in ensuring statutory and regulatory compliance within the organisation and in providing regulatory/legislative guidance as may be required.
- Participating in providing well researched legal advice and interpretation of various matters;
- Ensuring compliance with laws, rules and regulations in the Organisation;
- Handling the registration of the organisation’s intellectual property rights for its products and services;
- Participating in handling litigation and disputes involving the Company and liaising with the Company’s external lawyers on matters they are handling on behalf of the Company;
- Preparing, vetting and negotiating official legal documents to protect the interests of the Company;
- Supporting the review and drafting of contract agreements and ensuring that they are in compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Conducting searches on titles, drafting transfer documents and ensuring timely registration of the same;
- Conducting legal due diligence on all the customers, contractors, suppliers etc. before they enter into any dealings with the Company;
- Reviewing and providing advice on legal risk;
- Participating in reviewing and advising management on legal implications concerning internal policies and procedures; and
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Law (LLB);
- Post graduate diploma in Law;
Experience and Key Competencies
- At least 5 years’ legal experience in a busy environment;
- Superior verbal, written and communication skills;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Well-developed negotiation skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills; and
- Good organizing and coordinating skills
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity, and are thus required to submit clearance certificates from the following institutions together with the job application:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics & Anti – Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applicants should download, fill and submit the employment application form below:
In addition, please attach a curriculum vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience and positions held relevant to this role. Include your day and evening phone numbers, email address, names and address of three professional referees.
Applicants should either email to email@example.com or send the hard copies indicating the position being applied for on the envelope and addressed to:
Africa Management Solutions Limited
Vision Plaza 3rd Floor, Unit 12A, Mombasa Road,
P.O. Box 10639-00100 NAIROBI.
Applications should reach us not later than 5pm on Wednesday 25th April 2018.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted. Our client is an equal opportunity employer therefore women, persons with disabilities, the marginalised and the minorities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.