Our client is a world class manufacturing company, striving towards enhancing the quality of life through design, craftsmanship and innovation of plumbing products, as well as furniture, cabinetry, tile, engines, and generators.
Our client seeks to recruit a TECHNICAL SERVICES ENGINEER who will be responsible for servicing the customers on products in terms of installation, operation and maintenance along with Training of plumbers.
This role will report directly to the Area Sales Manager, West Africa and will be based in Lagos, Nigeria. This role will be in frequent contact with the sales team, other technical staff and product managers. External contacts with technical service firms, plumbers, assemblers (if any) may be required.
- Design the Technical content for training of plumbers and develop the Plumber training modules for VC, Faucets and special products in West Africa.
- Manage the Spares requirement by timely indenting for Spares and analyze the usage of spares across the region. Help in budget for spares costing and packaging.
- Provide technical assistance in installation of special products and develop a list of independent plumbers across the distribution network that can service products.
- Provide technical drawings from time to time to Architects, Plumbing contractors in coordination with the Regional Technical team.
- Prepare quarterly cost budgets for Servicing and track performance as per the agreed formats.
- Play a key role in evaluating Warranty claims policy from the dealers and periodically update the senior management on the performance of the products from a service point of view.
- Forecast and indent through the Logistics system for the spares and participate in the S and OP process of modulating demand, establish reorder levels and safety stocks.
- Analyze spares usage and establish the sales and distribution network of spares across the network for easy access of spares for the distribution network.
- Support project related technical issues such as plumbing contractor training, product demos and high end product installations.
- Provide configuration support in faucets and customized solutions in designing bathrooms at a professional level.
- Monitor the Bath room furniture and Kitchen furniture technical support architecture that covers Kitting, Packing and installation and also servicing any defects.
- Provide Installation assistance in terms of guiding dealer’s/end-user’s plumbers for installing special products.
- Perform duties according to business unit needs as directed by Area Sales Manager from time to time.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, with at least five years of Technical service experience.
- Experience in managing a vast network of service technicians and SKUs would be an added advantage.
- Experience of 2 to 5 years in Plumbing industry.
How To Apply:
Qualified and interested applicants to send their application and detailed CV, indicating current and expected remuneration to email@example.com, explicitly indicating the position in the email subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.