Our client is looking for professional, highly driven and results oriented individuals to competitively fill the following position of Tender Secretariat.
Reporting to the Manager, Procurement, the ideal candidate will carry out the organisation’s procurement and provide guidance and support in the Procurement function while ensuring adherence to all relevant procurement regulations, best practice as well as the company policies and guidelines.
- Ensuring timely payment of contractors as per contract terms;
- Preparing advertisement;
- Co-ordinating tender clarifications from candidates;
- Preparing invitations to the relevant Tender Opening Committees;
- Taking notes during Tender opening and preparation of the minutes;
- Notifying the appointed Evaluation Committee (EC);
- Taking notes at EC meetings and preparation of the Minutes;
- Liaising with legal department and PPRA on any legal issues pertaining to Procurement;
- Preparing notices of award, tender acceptance and rejection letters;
- Preparing notification to users on resolutions;
- Preparing reports required by PPRA under the law 2015 PPADA Act2.12;
- Participating in evaluation of tenders, quotations and proposals;
- Reviewing and enhancing purchasing policies and procedures necessary to provide efficient Services to all departments of the company;
- Liaising with all user sections towards the achievement of overall sectional objective; and
- Any other duty that may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Procurement and Supplies or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Diploma in Charted Institute of Purchasing Supply (CIPS) or Kenya Institute Supply Management (KISM)
- Membership to CIPS, KISM or any other relevant professional body;
Experience and Key Competencies
- Five (5) years of relevant experience in procurement
- Strong organisation and coordination skills;
- Superior Communication skills both written and oral;
- Good negotiating and conflict management skills
- Well-developed report writing and record keeping skills
- Good research, analytical and evaluation skills; and
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
Applicants should download, fill and submit the employment application form below:
In addition, please attach a curriculum vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience and positions held relevant to this role. Include your day and evening phone numbers, email address, names and address of three professional referees.
Applicants should either email to email@example.com or send the hard copies indicating the position being applied for on the envelope and addressed to:
Africa Management Solutions Limited
Vision Plaza 3rd Floor, Unit 12A, Mombasa Road,
P.O. Box 10639-00100 NAIROBI.
Applications should reach us not later than 5pm on Wednesday 25th April 2018.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted. Our client is an equal opportunity employer therefore women, persons with disabilities, the marginalised and the minorities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.