Our client seeks an experienced TMO Cargo Labourer with experience of working in a warehouse/freight-forwarding/air-cargo handling environment and with forklift truck experience. The person should be fluent in English to a minimum level of 2210 in accordance with STANAG 6001.
The FLS TMO Cargo Operator will be an active member of the TMO cargo section. As part of the team he will be expected to ‘drag’ loads, prepare and restrain cargo, and load and unload all types of vehicles and equipment.
Reporting to the TMO manager, the person will be responsible for the following:
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the safe, expedient, and professional turnaround of vehicles and other forms of transport collecting or delivering cargo to the TMO
- Loading/unloading trucks, SEAVANS, MILVANS, Containers
- Remain aware of all classes of UN Dangerous Goods (DG) that may form part of an aircraft load
- Operate Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) within the confines of the TMO yard and building
- Maintain a sound understanding of marshalling signals and act only on the instructions of a competent person
- Manually handle when building or breaking down aircraft pallets
- Carry out daily preventative maintenance of all MHE in accordance with the vehicle DI sheet
- Report any defects
- Preparing cargo for onward transportation by multi-modal means
- Adhere to, and promote, a positive Health and Safety culture in the workplace
- Proactively carry out any other associated duties (as allocated by line management) to promote FLS’s daily operations
- Familiar with NATO, USAF and ISO terminology
- Experienced in working on operations in austere remote sites or in developing nations
- Knowledge of airfield hazards and necessary safety precautions
- Awareness of the carriage and handling of Dangerous Goods by Air
- Familiar with safe working practices e.g. Manual handling and working at height etc.
Working conditions in Afghanistan are arduous and include heat and dust, frequently involving much physical exertion and exposure to the elements and aircraft related hazards. Operations will be of a 24 hour nature and may include routine air travel.
How to Apply:
Qualified and interested applicants to send the following to email@example.com, explicitly indicating the position on the email subject line:
- Updated CV in Word Version;
- Driving licence;
- Scanned Travelling passport;
- Jpeg passport photo;
- All education and professional certifications and licences; and
- Recommendation letters from the employers.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.