Our client seeks an Aircraft Ground Equipment (AGE) Mechanic who must be a fully qualified mechanic with experience in airfield equipment, such as loaders, tugs, air start units, ground power units, etc. The candidate must also have experience of working on operations in austere remote sites or in developing nations and is familiar with NATO, ISAF and ISO terminology.
Location: Herat, Afghanistan
Salary: USD 1000
The person will be responsible for the following:
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Diagnostic testing, repair and replacing of parts for all vehicles and plant equipment this includes but is not limited to:
- Cars, heavy goods vehicles, forklift trucks, fire engine support vehicles, quads and AGE (Aircraft Ground Equipment).
- Find and identify cause of faults (electrical & mechanical), detail spares requirements and undertake replace and repair tasks in a timely manor.
- Carry out routine servicing to all vehicles and equipments.
- Advise and mentor new members of the department.
- Carry out engine, clutch, and gearbox overhaul.
- May be on call during silent hours (will require phone and driving privileges) to carry out essential maintenance or recovery of equipment.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working as Vehicle mechanic / Technician;
- C&G vehicle maintenance & repair (3901/4141),BTEC certificate/diploma in vehicle technology, BTEC national certificate and diploma in engineering (automotive), IMI award certificate in vehicle maintenance and repair (100/5568/xLV) or equivalent;
- Experience on AGE mechanics
- Ability to work methodically and pay close attention to detail;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Ability to work on own and as part of a team.
Qualified and interested applicants to send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org, explicitly indicating the position on the email subject line:
- Updated CV in Word Version;
- Driving licence;
- Scanned Travelling passport;
- Jpeg passport photo;
- All education and professional certifications and licences; and
- Recommendation letters from the employers.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.