Our client, based in Uganda, is seeking to recruit Baristas for their Kenyan branch. The core role of the barista is to produce and deliver a variety of drinks, alongside with pastries that meet with the company requirements and ensure that the service they provide meets with service standards expected.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Be fully knowledgeable and be able to prepare and present all hot and cold beverage items.
- Keep the bar and storage area’s clean to meet with company standards.
- Have a good working relationship with your colleagues in all departments, maintaining high levels of communication, team work and respect at all times.
- Have good knowledge of drink ingredients and be able to explain them to a guest with confidence.
- Ensure that a friendly, efficient, courteous and consistently high service is provided at all times.
- Prepare and sell coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks.
- Carry out jobs as dictated by the management team.
- Maintain inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee bar.
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations.
- Improve quality results by attending training, and implementing changes to maintain and improving the appearance of the store and coffee bar.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational/training opportunities; reading coffee, and food service publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Enhance coffee shop reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
- Certificate of education.
- Basic Barista Course Certificate.
- Listening skills, Verbal Communication, Customer Focus, Customer Service, Basic Safety, People Skills, Action Oriented, Organization, Selling to Customer Needs, Attendance, Client Relationships.
If interested and you meet the above specifications, kindly send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by latest 30th May 2018 indicating the job title on the email subject.