Our client seeks an experienced Buyer with Maximo experience and has worked in the Gulf, Afghanistan or Iraq on military projects. The Buyer will be based in Kabul, Afghanistan and will report to the Supply Service Manager and will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinate activities involved with procuring goods and services, such as consumable materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, for establishment: reviews requisitions
- Confer with vendors to obtain product or service information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Identify potential suppliers, liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers.
- Negotiate and agree on contracts and monitoring their progress, checking the quality of service provided.
- Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Review bids and making recommendations based on commercial, technical factors within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintain manual or computerized procurement records, such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance.
- Update permanently and maintain an accurate Buyer tracker register for deliveries.
- Arise Purchase Orders under allocated financial limits.
- Attend daily staff briefings.
- Adhere to OSS Health & Safety requirements at all times.
- Produce and submit all logistics reports as required by the contract.
- Perform such other related duties as may be directed
Essential Qualifications / Experience:
Must be able to demonstrate formal qualification and experience in regards to the following tasks:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, marketing or related discipline
- Being familiar with computer based financial applications and managing procurement events using SAP.
- Understand international commercial terms (Incoterms).
- Must have significant procurement experience in a similar domain.
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Must possess competent skills in working with Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, Access)
- Good understanding of English language oral and written to NATO standards 3221.
- Previous sourcing and procurement experience from an international perspective
- Sound sourcing knowledge of motor industry components.
- Experience of working in austere environments.
Qualified and interested applicants to send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org, explicitly indicating the position on the email subject line:
- Updated CV in Word Version;
- Driving licence;
- Scanned Travelling passport;
- Jpeg passport photo;
- All education and professional certifications and licences; and
- Recommendation letters from the employers.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.