On behalf of our client, an International organisation, we seek to recruit a Field Researcher.
To provide on-the-ground support for the operational delivery of the Non-Commemoration Project Team in East Africa. Liaising with local authorities, local stakeholders and members of the public in the search for abandoned graves. The role will also support the Operational Lead on the engagement of external stakeholders in the realisation of new commemoration projects across East Africa
- A BSc and/or MSc in Sociology, Anthropology, History, Social Work, or similar relevant subject area.
- Experience in ethnography, anthropology, and qualitative data collection (e.g. conducting interviews, focus groups, collecting stories, or undertaking surveys) would be highly advantageous
A proven track record in working with diverse community groups, community/stakeholder engagement, conflict resolution, research and administration.
Experience in working Kenyan governmental bodies
Excellent command of written and spoken English, in addition to a high level of literacy in their first language. Any additional language skills which can be utilised across Kenya and East Africa could be beneficial
Experience (minimum 2 years) of working in a similar position.
High computer literacy including use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Experience of working in different cultures, with understanding of cultural and political sensitives and operations in complex environments is highly desirable.
The ability to make presentations and articulate complex information both upwards within an organisation, and to external stakeholders as required.
Experience of travelling to remote locations including lone working.
Hold a valid driving licence with the ability to drive both manual and non- manual vehicles
Skills and Abilities
- Confident to make decisions in absence of Line Manager when working in remote locations
- Strong inter-personal skills are essential for what is a public facing role
- Ability to work with a high degree of motivation and autonomy, organising work to meet deadlines set by the ‘Operational Lead (Non-Commemorated) Project’ or others.
- Sensitive to the need to work flexibly, and at times, beyond conditioned working hours in the region.
- Use resources efficiently, effectively and economically, cognisant of the need for a ‘value for money’ approach.
- A committed team worker that recognises and celebrates the contributions made by others.
- Health and Safety responsibility for self and, where responsibility for others Inc. casual labour.
How To Apply:
Qualified and interested applicants to send their application and detailed CV, indicating current and expected remuneration to email@example.com, explicitly indicating the position in the email subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.