Our client is looking for a SOUS CHEF. Reporting to the Head Chef, s/he will be tasked with the following:
Role and Responsibilities:
- Perform jobs and tasks assigned by the Head Chef.
- Perform assigned work in safe manner.
- Use PPE in prescribed manner; ensuring all other kitchen staff do the same.
- Work clean and tidy ensuring the kitchen stays in a clean and disinfected manner as much as possible ensuring that other chefs use the clean as you go method.
- Take refuse to dedicated waste collection points on daily basis;
- Exercise economy of food, fuel and prevention of waste.
- Perform other job-related tasks as may be assigned by the Restaurant/Contract Manager or Head Chef
- Never leave his/her workplace without prior permission from the Restaurant/Contract Manager or Head Chef
- Ensure all tasks are carried out safely and correctly, the kitchen is secured daily and nightly and all Catering Standing orders are adhered to.
- Must have a red-seal Chef Certification from a government sponsored culinary program (Tourism or Hospitality)
- Must have a minimum of 5 combined years as a chef working in an institutional environment with multifaceted, high-volume food services operations.
- Must have a Criminal Background check by a certified/nationally recognized police agency. All certification must be provided to prove levels of qualification.
- Must be medically screened as Food Handler and completed all inoculations required to comply with Nairobi City County Health Services
- Shall have a functional knowledge of English and be able to take directions from a Head Chef
- Must have a basic knowledge of British Culinary Cooking: Experience in western dishes delivering high end/high quality food preparation and delivery with experience of working at high end establishments, preferably embassies
If interested and you meet the above specifications, kindly send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by latest 30th June 2018 stating your current and expected salary. Indicate the job title on the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.